• World's Finest Plastic: Sama Eyewear specializes in the use of Japanese zyl (cellulose acetate). Japanese zyl is slow-cured for strength and durability, and unmatched in its beauty and unique tactile qualities.
• 3D Design/Manufacture: advanced CAD (Computer Aided Design) systems and state-of-the-art CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) cuttting lasers create sophisticated frames in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
• Custom Lamination: custom blended colors of Japanese zyl are laminated in as many as five separate layers to create beautiful color combinations that are exclusive to Sama Eyewear.
• Block Production: innovative process developed by Sama Eyewear using low density lasers to cut large, multi-colored blocks of Japanese zyl into perfect sheets. The resulting zyl sheets are then used to create luxurious frames with a multi-dimensional marbled effect that retain their shape far longer than frames created using more traditional methods.
• Decorative Temple Cores:technically complex process creates decorative and fully functional temple cores revealed by transparent layer of Japanese zyl.
• Wood Veneer: a revolutionary process developed by Sama Eyewear whereby wood veneer, in a variety of grains and colors, is laminated over a plastic core. The resulting frame has the look and feel of genuine wood with the adjustability and comfort of plastic temples or wire cores.
• Hand Painting: a labor-intensive process whereby color is sprayed over successive stencils and then permanently sealed with a clear plastic layer.
Please Use Your Browser's "Back" Button Or Click On A Link Below To Learn More: